Your glass top stove probably sees a lot of action on any given week. From stir-fried vegetables to bubbling grease, you likely have a lot of grime and burnt-on food particles covering your cooktop. The question is, how can you get rid of this grease without causing harm to the glass on your stovetop? You need to know what to clean a glass stovetop with before you start to just bear down and scrub away.
The good news is that you can start to clean smarter instead of harder. All you need are the right tools at your disposal. You can also learn how to maintain your stovetop on a regular basis to prevent it from getting too dirty.
Many of the cleaners on the market today promise to get your stovetop clean, but which ones are worth the money? Here is our breakdown of the top four products you might want to purchase when you need to know what to clean a glass top stove with.
1. Weiman Cooktop Cleaner Kit
Cleaning your glass top stove requires a lot of different tools to effectively remove those burnt-on food particles and stains. This cleaning kit from Weiman (from Amazon) comes packaged with a bottle of cleaner, a scrubbing pad, a cleaning tool, and even a razor scraper for tough stains. However, that is nothing compared to the power of the cleaner itself.
Weiman is well known in the cleaning business for its line of products designed to care for your kitchen. They have a well-known stainless steel cleaner, granite cleaner, and even a leather cleaner. This is just another product in a long lineup of products that are designed to meet your needs.
The non-abrasive cooktop pads let this cleaner go to work without scratching your surface. It even revitalizes your glass top stove with micro-bead technology that leaves the finish dazzling. This cleaner cleans, shines, and protects the surface of your stove with a streak-free formula all in one fell swoop. It is safe for use on your glass top stove, as well as any of the below:
- Electric flat top grill
- Induction grill
- Radiant, halogen glass, or ceramic cooktops
- Smooth top range
You can use this Weiman cooktop cleaner kit with any of the top manufacturers including GE, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, and Thermador.
Given the powerful punch that this cleaner packs and the tools it comes with, you can get a real bargain. This is an affordable solution for someone who wants to know what to clean a glass top stove with.
- REVITALIZE WITHOUT SCRATCHING: Non-abrasive cooktop pads help easily remove heavily burned on foods, grease & grime. Our cooktop cream uses micro-bead technology to boost cleaning power.
- SHINE & PROTECT: Dramatically cleans, shines, and protects glass/ceramic/induction smooth top ranges. Buff with a paper towel to shine.
Weiman Cooktop Cleaner Max
Do you have stubborn stains that regular cleaners just won’t work on? You might need to step things up a notch with the Weiman Cooktop Cleaner Max. This small nine-ounce tub of cleaner promises to do the same thing as the standard Weiman cleaner and then some. When combined with a little elbow grease, the non-abrasive cleaner cuts right through grease and grime.
Because it is so powerful, you might want to keep a tub of this cleaner handy for all your major kitchen spills.
Much like the standard cleaner, it leaves a streak-free shine and protects against future stains. You won’t have to worry about food, dirt, oily residue, or watermarks when you are using this extra-strength cleaner.
This product is recommended by Good Housekeeping, so you can rest assured that it is quality. It is also made in the United States.
- Reveal - Non-abrasive cooktop pads help easily remove heavily burned on foods, grease & grime.
- Revitalize - Micro-Bead Technology gives scrubbing power & leaves a brilliant shine without scratching
- Shines - Dramatically cleans, shines and protects glass/ceramic/induction smooth top ranges.
2. Cerama Bryte Best Value Kit
Are you looking for the top-selling cleaner for your glass cooktop stove? If you have been wondering what to clean a glass cooktop stove with, this could be what you are looking for. This kit from Cerama Bryte contains:
- A 28-ounce bottle of the Cerama Bryte ceramic cooktop cleaner
- 10 pads
- Burnt-on grease remover
Cerama Bryte boasts that they have the number one cleaning formula in the entire world. It is safe for use on all types of smooth-top ranges including radiant and halogen. You can rest assured that while this cleaner is heavy-duty, it is not going to scratch the surface of your stove. It also does not contain ingredients like silicone that could cause damage to the surface of your cooktop.
One of the benefits of choosing Cerama Bryte is that it has already been tested by Ceran by SCHOTT. This company is responsible for manufacturing the glass cooktop portion found in all ranges. Because this can put your mind at ease, you will likely find it to be worth the investment of a few dollars.
Not only is it compatible for use with all stovetops, but it also is readily biodegradable. You can feel at ease knowing that you aren’t inviting harsh chemicals into your home.
It is safe for use with all manufacturers including:
Keep in mind that this affordable cleaner is also extremely versatile. You can use it on glass shower doors, porcelain, cultured marble, faux marble, and stainless steel sinks or cookware.
- Product Type:Health_Personal_Care
- Item Package Dimension:8.712 cm L X18.288 cm W X24.003 cm H
- Item Package Weight:0.971 kg
3. Therapy Cooktop Cleaning Kit
Learning what to clean your glass top stove with can be disheartening when you find out how many chemicals are involved. Do you want something a bit more natural for your kitchen? If so, then the Therapy Cooktop Cleaning Kit might be the perfect solution for you.
It is made with natural minerals and cleaning agents including:
- Filtered water
- Calcium carbonate
- Decyl glucoside
- Cocamidopropyl betaine
Perhaps one of the better features of this tough cleaning agent is the pleasant aroma. It utilizes a natural essential oil blend of lemon to create a fresh scent. This is excellent because lemon essential oil is also naturally antibacterial. With this in mind, you get a great clean and a great scent all in one!
Like all of the other cleaners listed on this ranking, Therapy promises to clean and protect all in one simple step. It is strong enough to remove burned-on food stains and other residues directly from the glass. This product can be used on all glass, ceramic, and induction cooktops.
You will be pleasantly surprised by the price of this cleaner as well. Many natural products cost more than their competitors, but this one is right in line with many of the other products in its category.
- REMOVES BURNT-ON STAINS - Our powerful glass ceramic stove top cleaner is specifically designed to target and gently loosen stubborn burnt-on stains, providing an easy and effective cream cleaner solution for all your kitchen needs.
- FAST-ACTING FORMULA - Deeply penetrating burnt deposits, this ceramic glass stovetop cleaner swiftly dissolves grease and grime, saving you time and effort with minimal wiping required.
- NON-SCRATCHING & POLISHING - Featuring a unique, acid-free formula, our glass top stove cleaner ensures that your stove top's surface is not scratched and is left polished to a shine that makes it look as good as new.
4. Scotch-Brite Scratch-Free Rejuvenating Glass Cooktop Polish
Are you ready for your glass cooktop to shine again? The Scotch-Brite glass cooktop polish promises to help you do just that with its revolutionary formula. It contains no phosphates so that you can feel good about using it in your home and around your food prep areas. Much like the Therapy option, this is created with natural ingredients.
The scratch-free formula is specifically designed to clean your glass cooktop gently without abrading it so much as to cause damage.
One thing that sets the Scotch-Brite cleaner apart is the polish. It is meant to help restore some luster to your glass cooktop. Unfortunately, this cleaner is not as versatile as some of the others. It is not recommended for use on other surfaces such as glass shower doors, porcelain, or stainless steel sinks.
While it may not be the most versatile cleaner in your cabinet, it is certainly the most affordable. For just a few dollars, you can cut through the grease and grime that plague your glass cooktop.
- Scratch-free - designed specifically for use on glass cooktops
- Leaves a brilliant shine
- Cleans and polishes
How to Clean a Glass Top Stove
Beyond purchasing the right kind of cleaner, there are a few basic rules you should know about cleaning a glass stovetop. Preparation gives you the key to success in any situation. Before you start to scrub away, here are a few things you need to do:
- Wait for it to cool. It might be tempting to try to clean your glass the minute it gets dirty. However, you should wait until the surface cools. This is the safest option so that you do not burn yourself. It also prevents you from burning the cleaner on the stovetop. While it may be more inconvenient, the wait is definitely worth it.
- Use cleaner occasionally. You don’t want to use your heavy-duty chemicals every time your stovetop needs to be cleaned. These chemical cleaners will later burn off into the air as you cook, and that can’t be good for your health. Instead, use the cleaners only occasionally when the glass top stove is very dirty.
- Allow the cleaner to soak. One thing that many people overlook is the amount of time the cleaner needs to work its magic. Allow the cleaner to soak on your stovetop for five to ten minutes before you try to buff it off with your towel. This gives it time to break down the grease and grime with no elbow grease on your part.
- Check with the manufacturer. Does your manufacturer allow you to use certain products on the glass? Be sure to check with their recommendations before you start spraying cleaner everywhere. You might accidentally void the warranty on your appliance if you don’t check first.
How to Maintain Your Glass Top Stove
In between the more thorough cleanings, there are a lot of things you can do to maintain your glass top stove. By keeping up with these daily or weekly activities, you can minimize the amount of deep cleaning necessary. These steps can be used in conjunction with some of the other cleaners listed here to keep your kitchen shining and spotless.
Remember that you should only attempt these steps once the stovetop is completely cool. This is an important safety tip that everyone should remember.
Wipe Down Daily
First and foremost, you should wipe down your stovetop daily. You don’t have to use any heavy-duty cleaners for this. A simple microfiber cloth or sponge with hot water should do the trick. If you want to get a nice shine, you might even want to spritz it with a little bit of distilled white vinegar. If the cleaner dries with streaks, you can buff them out with a dry cloth.
Of course, you also want to wipe up spills as promptly as possible. This simple action could keep you from needing to clean your stovetop nearly as often. Whenever you can safely clean up a spill while cooking, you should make every effort to do so.
Use a Razorblade
You can also use a razor blade to get large debris or burnt-on food particles off the glass. Begin by spraying the particles with vinegar to loosen and soften them. Give it a few moments to soak in before you start to scrape.
Hold the razorblade as flat as possible with the stove. Make sure that you do not use the corners of the blade. You should only be using the flat edge.
Finally, you can wipe up any of the food particles that come loose and repeat as much as you need to. Keep in mind that some manufacturers caution against using a razor on your glass top stove. If this is the case, you may want to try something like the Weiman Cooktop Cleaner Max to loosen and remove debris.
Steam Your Stovetop
Another way that you can potentially loosen up old food debris is through steam. Fill a bucket up with hot soapy water. You could also use water mixed with distilled white vinegar for a more powerful cleaner. Make sure that the water is hot enough to steam but not so uncomfortable that you cannot touch it.
Dip a large towel into the bucket and wring it out so that it is damp. Spread it over top of your stove and allow the steam to soften up those food particles. You might be able to scratch them off using a non-abrasive pad or with a razor blade. A stiff-bristled brush should also work just fine for this purpose.
Learning What to Clean a Glass Stove Top With
Learning what to clean a glass top stove with doesn’t have to be difficult. There are many different products out there that can meet your needs. However, a little bit of prevention goes a long way toward resolving any issues you might be having with your glass cooktop. By keeping it clean regularly, you eliminate the need for harsh chemicals.
Alternatively, you can opt for some of the products ranked here that utilize natural products. No matter what you decide to use in your home, rest assured that your glass stovetop can sparkle again in no time!
What can I use to clean a glass top stove?
There are a lot of products available that can be used to clean a glass top stove. Consider the options from Weiman, Cerama Bryte, Therapy, and Scotch-Brite to meet your needs.
How do I get burnt-on food particles off my glass top stove?
You can soften them with vinegar and water and then scrape them off with a razor blade.
Should I use a polish on my glass top stove every day?
No, you should only use it as needed. However, you should wipe your stovetop down with water and vinegar daily.
Last update on 2023-11-17 at 02:35 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API